47) Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.
48) And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned.
49) And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things.
50) And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:
51) (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
52) This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
53) And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
54) And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55) And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56) And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.